Hemp protein comes from the cannabis plant and is an excellent source of plant-based protein. History shows that hemp seeds as a food source go back thousands of years.
Hemp is a high-quality plant protein in terms of amino acid composition and is a complete source of protein, which makes it perfect for adding to your daily diet. It is an excellent option for individuals who want to add more protein to their diet while avoiding animal products.
Some experts claim that hemp seed is one of the most nutritionally completeTrusted Source food sources. People can consume hemp seeds either whole or without the hull or in various hempseed products, such as oil, flour, and protein powder.
Studies have found that the nutritional value of hemp seed varies considerably according to the environment it grew in and what specific plant type it is. However, typically, its nutritional profile contains:
- 25–35% fats
- 20–30% carbohydrates
- 20–25% proteins
Hemp protein comes from the seeds of the hemp plant. It is a rich source of fiber and polyunsaturated fatty acids that the human body finds easy to digest.
A 31 g serving of hemp protein contains aroundTrusted Source 12 g of protein and 11 g of fat, depending on the source of the hemp plant and the environmental conditions it grew in.
If people prefer not to consume hemp protein, they can add hemp seeds to baked goods, soups, salads, or make hemp milk and add to drinks.
Hemp protein contains less protein than whey and soy protein. However, it is suitable for vegans, people with soy or milk allergies, and those who prefer to avoid highly processed foods.
Whether you’re a training athlete, a moderate exerciser or not currently very physically active, there is a wide range of hemp protein powder benefits that make it a good choice for just about anyone, including the following:
1. Increases Protein Intake
2. Improves Heart Health
3. Supports Bone Health
4. Cleanses the Colon
5. Reduces Sugar Cravings
6. Boosts the Immune System
- Hemp seeds are one of nature’s best sources for plant-based protein.
- THC has substantial health benefits with veritably no side effects when not smoked.
- Hemp consumption is safe, healthy and legal — and it won’t get you intoxicated.
- Hemp protein powder increases protein intake, improves heart health, decreases osteoporosis risk, cleanses the colon, reduces sugar cravings and boosts the immune system.
- Hemp protein powder is typically the safest option, as it rarely has additives or pesticides added.